Thursday, May 7, 2015

May 7, 2015

+ Article - "The G.O.P.'s War on Science Gets Worse" by Elizabeth Kolbert at The New Yorker - Climate change is not up for debate.  Deal with it.  Read more here, and vote better next time.

+ Article - "The Unexpected Pleasure of Doing Things Alone" by Joe Pinsker at The Atlantic - When I was in law school I would go out to eat or to movies by myself all the time.  It is weird to me that people are afraid to be alone.  Read more here.

+ Article - "What Norway Can Teach the U.S. About Getting More Women into Boardrooms" - A lot probably.  Read more here.

+ Article - "What Does Middle Class Even Mean?" by Gillian B. White at The Atlantic - As the inequality gap grows, so too does our perception that we are poorer than we really are.  Read more here.

+ Article - "The 2016 Presidential Race: A Cheat Sheet" by David A. Graham at The Atlantic - Oh my God I'm already tired of talking about this, and we have a long way to go.  I think at this point John Stewart is our best bet.  Get depressed here.

+ Art - "Michael Jackson and Bubbles" (1988) by Jeff Koons - I'm sorry.  You'll never be able to un-see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment