Thursday, April 30, 2015

April 30, 2015

+ Article - "Wearing a Suit Makes People Think Differently" by Joe Pinsker at The Atlantic - I wear a suit almost every day, even though I work in an environment where casual dress is the norm.  I don't just do it to "look nice".  I've long believed that slipping on a well tailored suit makes you feel like your best self.  Turns out I was right.  Read more here.

+ Article - "The Untold Story of Silk Road" by Joshua Bearman at Wired.  This story has fascinated me for a while now, and this is an excellent article on how a kid taught himself to code and became one of the world's biggest drug kingpins.  Read it here.

+ Article - "The Childless Millennial" by Olga Khazan at The Atlantic - All the single ladies...All the single ladies...Attention humans - you are never going to have it all figured out and the timing will never be right.  Just do it.  See what I did there?  Read more here.

+ Article - "The Genius of 'Want to Grab Coffee?'" by Olga Khazan at The Atlantic - Young people I demand that you learn these skills.  Learn to speak to people and build relationships.  In business (and life), it is all about who you know.  Not just to get the job, but to keep it.  Success in business is all about relationships and influence.  Learn how to build both.  Read more here.

+ Article - "The Virtual Candidate" by Ryan Lizza at The New Yorker - Elizabeth Warren is the most interesting thing happening in the Senate right now.  Read her profile here.

+ Article - "Staying Alert with the UPS Hot Spares" by Jan Tegler at Gear Patrol.  Ever wonder how UPS (almost) always gets your overnight packages to you on time?  They scramble the jets!  Read more here.

+ Art - Artist unknown, but seriously if I was a skeleton, I'm pretty sure this is what I would look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment