Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 5, 2015

Article - "Break-in at Y-12" by Eric Schlosser at The New Yorker - A really interesting story that happened right here at home.  Read it here.

Article - "A Brewing Problem" by James Hamblin at The Atlantic - I actually hesitated to include this article because I do not want to contribute to anyone's sense of guilt.  I go through a lot of K-cups and I'm apparently part of the problem.  Read about it here.

Article - "Why Audiophiles are Paying $1,000 for this Man's Vinyl" by Rene Chun at Wired.  Everything you could ever want to know about why Vinyl sounds so good.  Read it here.

Book - "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy - I realize that this book came out in 1985, but I have read it at least once a year since I first picked it up when I was 26.  Much has been made of this novel and I have nothing new to add to the discussion.  It is difficult, and scary, and beautiful, and funny, and rewarding in a way that is hard to describe.  It takes effort - something I think all great books require.  Buy the paperback here, and travel with it.

Article - "Christian, or Feminist?" by Emma Green at The Atlantic - I don't think anyone in the church is really talking about sexuality and gender in a way that younger generations identify with.  Read more here.

Article - "Netanyahu's Zero-sum Game on Iran" by David Ignatious at The Washington Post - This was certainly the biggest news story this week, and it feels like it was ripped straight from an episode of House of Cards.  Read about it here.

Video - "Love Has no Labels" - Deal with it.  Watch it here.

Art - "Still-life with Dead Game, Fruits, and Vegetables in a Market" (1614) by Frans Snyders.


1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Mr. Snyders really had that scene set up in his workspace. Pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete