Thursday, February 26, 2015

February 26, 2015

Article - "Why Everyone Was Wrong with Net Neutrality" by Tim Wu at The New Yorker - This is a huge deal.  Read about it here.

Article - "Xiaomi’s Great New Phone Is a Lot Like an iPhone. Apple Should Take Note" by Marcus Wohlsen at Wired - They need a competitor.  Read it here.

Biography - "The Life of Jack London" by Brett and Kate McKay at The Art of Manliness - I didn't know Jack London was half as interesting as he is.  It is an eleven part series, but totally worth the time.  Read it here.  His credo...

I would rather be ashes than dust! 
I would rather that my spark should burn out 
    in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. 
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom 
    of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. 
The function of man is to live, not to exist. 
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. 
I shall use my time. 

Article - "The Source of Contentment" by Leo Babauta at Zen Habits.  We all need this reminder.  Read it here.

Maps - "The Religious States of America, in 22 Maps" by Niraj Chokshi at The Washington Post - Recommended by my friend Josh Hill - Find your way here.

Article - "Why Schools are Failing Our Boys" by Jennifer Fink at The Washington Post - Also recommended by Mr. Hill - Are we killing their spirits?  Read it here.

Knowledge - "The Harvard Classics" selected by Charles W. Eliot - I started working my way through these last year, and it is an amazing free collection of the great works.  Read them here.

Art - "Mark" (1979) by Chuck Close.

No comments:

Post a Comment