Thursday, February 5, 2015

February 4, 2015

+Lecture - "How School Kills Creativity" by Ken Robinson.  Funny and thought provoking.  Watch it here.

+Article - "U.S. Tax Code Travesty" by John Cassidy of The New Yorker - we are a stupid people sometimes.  Read it here.

+Article - "The Common Core has not Killed Literature" by Meaghan Freeman of The Atlantic - the response to last week's article (here).  Read it here.

+Book - “The Modern Gentleman – A Guide to Essential Manners, Savvy, and Vice” – by Phineas Mollod and Jason Tesauro - I've always loved etiquette manuals for some reason and I think being a gentleman is a dying art.  I gave a copy of this one to all of my groomsman and I think that its both interesting and funny.  Buy it here.

+Office - What's in your drawer?  Read this.

+Article - "Fathering With Intentionality: The Importance of Creating a Family Culture” by Brett and Kate McKay - this article really got me thinking about being intentional in how I go about crafting our family culture.  Read it here.

+Listen - "Ode to Viceroy" by Mac Demarco.  This is just good.

+Art - "The General" by Unknown - In honor of Ground Hog Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment