Thursday, June 18, 2015

June 18, 2015

I apologize for the unannounced two week hiatus.  Life sometimes gets in the way.

+ Article - "How to Stay Alive" by Jack Seemer at Gear Patrol - Advice on the 10 essentials approach to back-country preparedness.  Read more here.

+ Article - "How to Tie 12 Knots" by Tucker Bowe at Gear Patrol - Video tutorials for a host of useful knots.  Learn em!  Watch here.

+ Article - "Murders in Charleston" by Jelani Cobb at The New Yorker - I had decided that I was going to post nothing but fun links this week because I'm emotionally exhausted.  However, this tragedy can't be ignored.  This is the convergence of the race issues we face as a country AND the fact that its far too easy to be a mass murderer in America.  Read more here.

+ Article - "Always Innovative Toronto Public Library Lets us Check Out Humans as Well as Books" by Paul Gallant at Yonge Street - This is just a really cool idea.  Read about it here.

+ Listen - "Strange Trails" by Lord Huron.  This is a great rock album.

+ Book - "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway - I consistently list this as my favorite book, but I can't really put my finger on why.  I have read it at least once a year since I was in high school.  Order it here.

+ Art - "In the Dust" by Mark Maggiori.  I have really been missing Texas lately and have been staring at these paintings.


1 comment:

  1. I miss Texas too. Almost as much as Oklahoma. Good painting.

    ReplyDelete